Saturday, January 10, 2009

CNY Preps....

Today seems to be the only available weekend where I'm free to prepare for the coming Lunar New Year... last sat was burnt doing OT and so will next sat... we decided to put up the CNY deco that we bought from the pasar malam last week since it's been sitting on our mahjong table. Took us about an hour to get everything up... and this is how my place looks like now... :)






As always, my kpo boy will never fail to be near anything that looks out from the ordinary... This is him checking out the fire crackers while Mr Lee was hard at work... connecting both crackers to a single out-put point and testing it to make sure that it's working before we hung it up... :)



And after we hung it, this is how it looks... :) Lovely huh?





Somehow these cherry blossoms look slightly different with the red background as well...



Not to forgot our glass door leading into the kitchen... :)



With the lights switched on, I hope our place doesnt look too red... like some red chamber n hopefully not like a temple... There has to be good omen n items that bring and symbolises luck everywhere in the house during CNY. I was not an advocate for such things when I was younger but now that I have my own home, I tend to follow what my mum does for our home... heheh... but of cos I try not to over-docorate the place too much...

When I was younger, whenever I see too many red deco at home, I'll always make a fuss n complain that it's too red or that it looks like some chin chiong house or a temple... and my parents would always say u haf to have red and items that bring fortune n luck into the house or you wouldnt be blessed with fortune n lucky during the new year... without all these new year deco, the house wouldn't have the CNY atmosphere n spirite... somehow I now tend to agree with wat was said... :)


Now that all the deco is up, wat's left is the CNY goodies and the pussy willow... :) I've ordered some cookies n bak gwa for CNY... so we're left with the pineapple tarts, kueh bulu and not forgettin my fav prawn roll... We've decided nt to get too much goodies since we wouldnt be inviting too many pple over this year... jus family n close frenz bah... plans haven been firmed up yet but shld there be a gathering at my plc, it'll be on the 7th... I'll haf to re-schedule n make-up for my OT that is to be on that day... dread~ :(

Anyway, the furries n Mr Lee were napping on the sofa while I was watching some show on tv... since the cam was jus near me... I took more pics of them... :) hahah....






And of cos, the manja girl had to lie near one of us after awhile... but i noticed that she usually goes to Garry more than she does coming to me... kekek... :) which is good in a way... den I'll have my darling boy all to myself... heheh... :) He loves lyin next to me or on me... :)


0 comments: