Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Happy & Sad...

Went back to work today and evything was goin on as usual... weather was kinda gloomy cos of the rain... msged my mum n she replied almost immediately... surprised to receive her reply and it was only after reading her sms did i realise that she was on leave today... totally slipped off my mind...

Reached office and subsequently made plans to visit Dawn during lunch time with some colleagues... she's finally given birth on sunday... which also happens to be her bday... Congrats Mummy!! Reali hard on u to endure 15hours of labour wor... baby Ethan is one handsome fella... Anyway, we decided to have lunch at Raffles Hospital 1st before visiting her... Took some pic of baby Ethan sleeping... cute & adorable little man...









I've actually been on pins and needles the whole of today... that's because the medical result of someone close to me was to be released today... Anyway, the long awaited sms finally reached me jus when I was about to leave the hospital to return to office... the minute i received the sms, lots of thoughts started running through my head... simply had no mood to work... eventually, I thought it would be better if i wrote a short email to my boss just in case they probed on my work productivity...

Thank god for having such an understanding anad sympathetic boss *siGh* apart from her, there is only other person whom I've opened part of my feelings to...

T
hanks for lending me your listening ear....

There are simply too many qns circling in my mind now... why... when... how come... there is never a certainty or even an answer that can explain what has happened... for someone like me who rarely believes in miracles... I guess the only thing now is to pray, believe and trust that miracles do happen...

The following is something that I hold true to my heart....

I know it’s not often enough I share with you...
I know it's not often enough I see you...
I know it's not often enough I said sorry to you whenever i was in the wrong...

It seems like a long while ago, when I was young;
When I looked up to you for guidance and love;
I listened to you; Relied on you;
I believed you; I trusted you;
And craved for your every attention.

And as I grew, you stood patiently behind me,
Allowing me to stretch my wings;
Test the waters,
And make my mistakes.

Thank you for loving me as you do;
Enough to let me take a fall
While you waited in the sidelines;
Enough to watch quietly as I matured and learnt from my mistakes.

Thank you for never turning your back against me,
For never giving up on me,
For supporting me in what I wanted to do in life.
Thank you for allowing me to become the person I am today.
My believes and principles that lead and guide me along,
All gained from the upbringing and teachings you've instilled in me.

It may not be often enough I share with you...
It may not be often enough I hugged you...
It may not be often enough I said I love You...
It may not be often enough I said Thank you...

Thank you for being the person that you are;
A person who always puts our family before your own needs...
A person who provides us with so much...
A person whom I am very proud of…
A person whom I can still turn to for guidance and love always…
No matter how old I really am.



0 comments: