Wednesday, May 06, 2009

A Visit to TJV

We had initially wanted to bring Tamy to Dr Heng cos we found a 20cent size wound on her right ear... it seemed like the pus around the wound dried up and there was a very hard crust around it... we were almost ready to leave when we checked Tamy's file and realised that the clinic was closed on Tues. So we decided to bring her to the vet today after we both came back from work.

God must be on my side... I was woken up around 3-4am by the heavy downpour n thunder and when I woke up this morning, it was still raining so heavily. I heard that there were accidents along KJE, BKE and PIE and even a fallen tree jus before the Dairyfarm exit and only 1 lane was available. I could imagine the horrible traffic jam the minute I heard the traffic report on radio as I was stuck in a similar jam on Mon.

I didnt want to spend another $35 or even more on cabfare and still end up being late. Even if I were to take the train to work, I was also going to be late. All these added together I decided that today was not a good day to go to work. So I msged my TL to inform her that I was going to take urgent leave as I needed to bring Tamy to the vet.

What irked me is that although leave entitlement is mine as an employee, I still have to be questioned and asked for a reason on why I needed to take the urgent leave for. This really got on my nerve. This is the 1st company that I've worked in who not only controls the total number of employee who can be on leave in a day, when an employee can apply for leave and restricts the leave that can be taken during certain periods but also asks for reasons why an employee has to apply for urgent leave.

No wonder more n more staff are simply taking medical leave or urgent leave as and when they need to. Not only this, its proposterous that even the time sheet frm the hospital is not recognised by HR. However, there seems to be no qualms if an employee comes in late to work cos he/she went to the docs. So much for an open environment and how good it is to work for an MNC....

When we reached the clinic, I was informed that Dr Heng was not on duty today... so we decided to jus let Dr Ng take a look at Tamy. Dr Ng checked the wound and started softening the pus using some sort of alcohol solution and shaved off part of her fur ard the wound. She den used a scissors to trim off the fur aroud her ear as well. Slowly she den started trimming away the hardened pus and started cleaning the wound before applying medication on it.

Tamy was a very good girl. Apart from minor fidgits, she remained very still the whole time. Becos onli her ear tip was affected, Dr Ng ruled out scabies... she suspects that its either an infection, constant scratching or an insect bite. Good thing its not becos of Toby always biting her when they are playing rough.

Apart from the cleaning solution and cream, Dr Ng gave Tamy some antibiotics and another pill to bring down the inflammation n swell. All these have to be administered to her twice daily. While waiting for the medication to be dispensed, I took more pics of Tamy and her wound that Dr Ng helped to clean... sad part is that her fur at her ear tip is all shaved off... good thing is that this is the only affected part and its not spreading. By the time we were done and left the clinic, it was close to 2+ in the afternoon and so we headed for lunch at the nearby kopitiam :)









Total Damage for this visit is $77.95.




Oh yes~ We had to weigh her during registration and Tamy now weighs 6.2Kg!!~ Hahaha.... so much for my little giant :D I reali wonder how heavy Toby is now cos he is so much heavier than her... I wont be surprised if he hits 8kg or more. We'll find out in July when both of them visits Dr Heng for their annual vaccination. Talking about that, I have to remember to renew Tamy's AVA Licence which is expires on 27 June 09.

0 comments: