Monday, May 25, 2009

Bitter Sweet Moments...

Yes yes yes~ It all started during lunch hour today... I have been wanting to get some facial products & nail polish from Face Shop for the longest time and finally, the GSS has started :) Priya & myself headed down to FaceShop and I left the shop with these!!! :) *very happy* Some facial wash, make-up remover, 2 kinds of masks and a bottle of Hyaluronic Acid which Esther said was a good investment.



Before that we were at another shop as I needed to get something for an upcoming birthday but I was kinda disappointed and slightly pissed with the sales staff there as she couldnt give me a definate answer n she also didnt bother asking me when I needed the item or suggest to check when's the earliest she can get it done by. So fine, since she said that what I wanted has to be done at their outlet in Vivo City, I contemplated heading there after work today.

After some discussion with Garry and my sis, I decided to jus head over to get it done once and for all... :) cos I simply couldnt wait to get my hands on it and I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't be able to sleep over it till a later date. So plans were made, and as always, I was made to wait for more than 30 minutes for Van before met her in the bus and headed down to Vivo :)

I went there, did what I had to do and was contemplating to do more as it was simply too lovely!!! It's a pity that I cant post it up yet cos it wouldnt be a surprise if I did :) hehehe... U'll get to see it next week... :P After that we headed down to Face Shop again as I'd forgetten to get the sleeping mask for Elna and Angie... and my sisters also bought some stuffs... It was enough to get another membership :) so now we have 2 memberships to Face Shop... woohoo~


We also went to Daiso and for the 1st time, I only bought 1 item there... this fake nail... kekeke... looks so nice~ and since it was only for $2 so why not rite... I'll have to experiment usin it soon... :)



Well, what started and almost ended on a very happy and high note was not to be... While I was at the shop waiting for the shop manager to finish doing what I had purchased, I received a very sad new via sms from my mum. She told me that she dreamt that 1 of my grandpa's very old friend had passed away and told the dream to my dad. As we knew that this old family fren was in hospital, papa called another of grandpa's longtime fren and we were informed that sad news of Chek Kong Berty's passing. He passed away yesterday and his funeral will be on Thursday.


On one hand, we're happy for him as he's no longer suffering from cancer which was only detected recently. On the other, it's always sad to learn of someone's passing. Especially if that someone is a close family fren. Chek Kong Berty also happens to be papa & mummy's godpa... In his younger days, Chek Kong Berty was a ballroom dancer and a rather fine one from what I heard...

I remember the occassions when I was a small little girl and would look forward to listen to the stories he'd tell me of their younger days and also the visits to his place during Chinese New Year and Christmas... He's seen me grow since I was an infant, toddler, into my teens and then adulthood until the time when I got married more than 3.5 yrs... I've known this dear old man for almost 30 years...

We'll be heading down to his wake tomorrow and wateva few days that's remaining before the funeral... One thing for sure, we'll all be missing a dear family fren... who was once a loving husband, father, uncle, and granddad to many who has known him.... U'll always be loved & remembered~

After dinner, we walked around Harborfront Center before I headed off to get a cab home while the 2 girls and Grace took the NEL. Who knew that within 5 min, I was to see them at the Taxi stand again as they had decided to catch a cab home as well. hahaha... Got home and started showing Garry my buys and of cos I had to show him the 1 item which resulted in me headind down to Vivo City. Even Garry commented that it was very nice and ask why I didnt get more... wahahaha... I told him that it wasn't tat cheap and if I were to get more, I'd have been broke!!

Who knew luck was on my side, as Garry striked 4D on sunday, he gave me some $ for T&T's food for this month, $ for their coming grooming session on Sunday and extra $ and told me to get more of what I bought for them as well!!! WOOHOO!!! *ToBY & TaMy... Mummy's going to get early X'mas pressies for U!!!* Hehehe...

Well the reason why Mr Lee asked me to get more of what I had was becos the 4D number that he striked fortune on was given to him by Tamy!!! Can u imagine that... hahaha... He actually folded small papers with numbers written in it and asked Tamy to choose them. And each time her paw touches a number, he writes it down and would buy the number in the exact sequence that she chose~ *goodness* who knew that fortune was on our side... hahaha... :) but watever it is, it's made me a very happy me.... :)

0 comments: