Monday, March 16, 2009

~*~ Ebi's last day ~*~

After doing what we had to do earlier today, I popped by CK Tangs as Mr Lee finally agreed to get this... Our own food dehydrator!! YiPPy!!~ :) Didnt spend too long in town and we were back home after the purchase... :)



I've been bugging Mr Lee to get me one of these and he finally agreed to today... I've been wanting to get this as I wanted to make my own dehydrated treats for the furkids since its so much cheaper in the long run... kekeke... who knows, we can even make some to sell it... hahaha... not to earn lots of profit but jus enough to cover cost of this machine and maybe alittle more for Toby & Tamy's treats... hahaha... any takers if I were to start making and selling my treats??

This is how the inside of the dehydrator looks like... the standard packaging comes with 5 trays and we can buy more trays to extend the height. Each tray is selling at S$15. It comes with 1 netted and plastic lining each. As the sales auntie gave us an extra piece of the plastic lining, we decided to get 2 more to line the insides so that the "grill" wont get too dirty and we wont have too much trouble scrubing the grim & oil away on each tray...

One thing good about this dryer is that we get to dehydrate fruits/food for our own consumption as well as for the dogs... hehehe... the sales auntie even gave us samples of dehydrated apples and grapes to try... wah I must say they are 100% all natuaral and it tastes so so yummy!!~ :)



We went to the supermarket to get apples, salmon, beef and pork... and this is our 1st attempt at dehydrating... :) these are how it looks before being dehydrated... :) the smell of the pork is very yummy!!~ :) Serene told me that the strongest smelling ones are kunning and pork liver... now I'm kinda skeptical on whether to dry liver but I might give it a shot as that's 1 of Toby's favourites :P

These are how it looks before everything got dried up... :) Check out how it's like after hours in the dehydrator below... :P this is so fun... :) we've jus put in another tay of sliced beef and green apples... this would be ready by tomorrow morning when we wake up... woo hoo~ can get addictive drying food man... hehehe... :) I think the next thing i wanna try is liver, heart, lungs & maybe prawns... hiak hiak hiak... :P



Since I finished arranging my apples and salmon slices, I took some pics again while Mr Lee arranged the beef slices on the tray.... I then fed the trios the balance slices of apples as the tray was already full... hehehe... fruits before dinner... :)



The Trios slurping down their last dinner together... :)



Ebi after his delicious dinner... :)



And a good long yawn after a full meal... :)



T
hese are how the treats look like after being dehydrated for more than 5 hours... :) The end product of their treats in the tupperware before it gets refrigerated... :)

Today is Ebi darling's last day at our place... Serene came over around 6pm or so (I tink) to fetch Ebi home and as Winnie had to go for a house-warming party, she was going to send Emma over as well so that all 4 of them can mingle n play for a while before Ebi & Emma head home :) I must say that after having Ebi around with us for the last few days, it's kinda quiet without him... hahaha... he's a darling to have and I wouldnt mind taking care of him again... Ahem... Ah rene ah... maybe you should plan for more short trips more frequently wor... hahahah... :P

I managed to get a short vidoe of Toby & Ebi playing Tug of War... :)



Serene came back with our buys for the furkids and she also bought more stuffs for Toby & Tamy!~ Aww... she's such a dear :) Toby & Tamy love their new toys alot... hehehe... Thank You so much for all these as well as the goodies u bought for us... :) It's a joy having Ebi over. Jus pass him to us next time if u ar going for any trips ya... :) hehehe... We're missing him oredi... Good thing we'll be seeing him again on Sunday :)

0 comments: