Wednesday, December 10, 2008

~*~ Cranberry Muffins ~*~

It's 2 weeks to Christmas... the season that I love very much and enjoy the most. The season for giving, sharing and merry making :) I've always loved Christmas and wish that everyday is Christmas or at least the Christmas season. The only setback is that there's no snow but the gatherings and friends more than make up for that~

As always, it's time for lots of cooking and baking this festive period. For me, I usually have our Christmas party after the 25th since most of us would be gathering in Hougang on that day :) We're always happy & look forward to having family members and frenz over at our place. A good opportunity for get-togethers and to catch up with each other or simply jus for merry making :)

Since I was at home, I decided to do a trial run for the Cranberry Muffins... hehehe... prepared everything and started baking... took me about 1 1/2 hours from start to end and this was the end result.



This time round, I used different trays n paper muffin holders... the result of this is that the muffins are slightly bigger and not as round as the last years' *siGh* I still prefer last years' shape cos it looks cute. Also, the heat in the oven didnt reali circulate round properly. As u can see, the muffins on the left pic were on the top tray and these were slightly charred. Whereas the muffin on the right were on the bottom layer and they were almost golden brown...



Good thing I decided to have this trial run for bakin the muffins to get a hang of things... then I'd know what to alter and adjust when the time comes to baking the bulk of it. My target for this year is 144 muffins. Oh my!!~ I hope every batch turns out ok... :) heheh... Apart from this, my other major project for this Christmas is baking my Lasagne... I hope that one turns out successfully as well... :Þ

Well... last year, we had Toby guarding the oven while all the muffins were in there baking... this year, there's Tamy & Toby and both were guarding the dining table where the baked muffins were left to cool... kekeke... Tamy simply couldnt get her nose n eyes away from the muffins. Even when I called out to her, she would turn her head towards my direction but her eyes were glued on the muffins... hahaha... terrible greedy this little girl...




This trial batch of muffins didnt fail me too badly :) At least they taste yummy... yes yes, I shared 1 of the muffins with the 2 furries... jus to see if there was any taste or not... I must say I found it rather yummy... though not strong enough in flavour for humans... but I'm pretty sure judging from T&T's behaviour, the muffins are D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S~ :D So.... this batch of muffins will be distributed tmw at work to some of the mummies and jiejies. Hohoho...

0 comments: