Friday, August 01, 2008

Fuming + Adreneline charged Friday!!!

1st day of the 7th Lunar month... depicts the start of the Hungry Ghost Festival... This would last for a month. Chinese believe that this is the month when the Hell gates open and all the hungry ghost would roam the earth... that's how the name of this festival came about. This is the month where there would be alot of worshippin, prayers to the dearly departed and offerings would be made. There would be lots of burning as well... so be careful what u step on... certain things are better to believe than tested or experienced 1st hand.

As a Catholic, these practices are not part of our religion nor belief but we have been taught to respect the beliefs and practices of others. Since young, we have been taught to be mindful of what we say and do, especially during this month. Though it reali beats me what all tat burning would do and where it would go to apart from further damaging our solar system and environment as well as makin me choke and eye tear from the fumes. But everyone has their own beliefs. As for me, it brings back memories of how I used to help ZhiZhi burn offerings to her mum every 7th month. hehehe.... the strong winds we encountered each time we wanted to light the candles or joysticks. The sudden wind when we were preparing to burn the joss money n other offerings Zhi bought for her mum :) I wonder whether it's just coincidental or wat sia...

A great start to my 1st day at work cos PC crashed on me the minute I tried switching it on and I spent 1/2 a day gettin our IT guy to replace a new set for me and to get all the systems up and working... kekeke... Didnt manage to do much cos all my settings, links and folders had to be re-saved from scratch. By the time I was done, it was already lunch time and I only managed to start work after lunch so couldnt do much... Sorrie : Also, the new team leader came in today. What she wore reminded me of a fisherman. Angie!!! I swear it's the vest la. wakakaka.... reminds me of my kelong trip jus last weekend.... ppsssshhhh..... tttooommm..... lalalalala.... :Þ *hiak* *hiak* *hiak*

Anyway what started as a great way to end a Friday turned bad... I was supposed to be on a happy mood since I officially worked only 1 day this week... thanks to the stomach flu that i had the last few days... but my happiness was shortlived... :( 2 incidents happened in a matter of less than an hour. Both left me with very different feelings... *HmPf*

Firstly, we decided to have pizza for dinner so i called Pizza Hut. As usual, I waited for a few minutes before I was able to get thru to a Customer Service Officer. Nvm... Im quite used to it oredi... and I understand that it was peak hour... so fine... Finally my turn came to order... not that Im being racist or anything but 8 out of 10 times, the CSOs that always get on my nerve are of the minority race. I need not elaborate further. I'm not sayin that the majority race provides excellent service... this im doubtful since I've had my fair share of rude individuals...

Anyway, there I was in the study room giving this particular CSO my order until it finally came to the point where Im supposed to provide her my credit card number.... the whole episode went about like this:

CSO: Ma'am would u be paying by cash or credit card?
Me: Credit Card
CSO: Visa or Masters
Me: Visa
CSO: Can I have your Credit Card number?
Me: Ok. It's XXXX X830 3009
CSO: Huh?! Ma'am can u repeat the number.
Me: From the start?
CSO: Yes
Me: It's XXXX X830 3009.... (note I've not completed the 12 digits yet and when i finished the 2 sets of 4 digits she went huh?!)
CSO: Ma'am its XXXX X830 009?
Me: No. It's XXXX X830 3 Double Zero 9.... (pause to wait for her to comprehend)
CSO: Okay.
Me: The last 4 digits are 45XX
CSO: Ma'am there is short of 1 number.
Me: How can there be short of 1 digit when i read 12 digits out to u?
CSO: (repeats my CC Number) XXXX X830 0004 5XX
Me: No. U've got it wrong. It's XXXX X830 3009 45XX
CSO: Ya u said XXXX X830 0004 5XX

By this time I was freakin mad and I admit... I raised my voice and I was freakin pissed. So I said....

Me: U did not hear me correctly. (So i repeated my CC number for the 5th time) My CC number is XXXX X830 3009 45XX.
CSO: Ok it's XXXX X830 0004 5XX
Me: U STILL DID NOT GET IT CORRECT. HOW MANY TIMES DO U NEED ME TO REPEAT MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER TO YOU?!?!?

By this time, I was freakin pissed and Garry even came into the room to see what was happening as he heard me raising my voice n my pissed off tone from the living room.

CSO: Ok. It's XXXX X830 0004 5XX
Me: NO. It's XXXX X830 3-Double Zero-9 45XX
CSO: There is on 3 zeros before 9 RITE?
Me: NO! Its a single 3 followed by 2 Zeros den 9
CSO: HUH.... (den silence for a few seconds)
Me: Let me repeat myself 1 last time... LISTEN! My number is XXXX X830 3-Double Zero-9 45XX
CSO: Oh! Ok. I repeat. XXXX X830 3009 45XX
ME: YES! Finally.
CSO: Expiry date....
ME: XX/XX
CSO: OK you order will deliver to you in 45 min. (den she mumbles away thank you for ordering and have a nice day)

Wahlan eh!! All the vulgarities that I have not used in a million years flowed out of my mouth like there was no tomorrow man! Even now, I'm agitated thinking about it. What does she freakin not understand!!! Was i speakin in a foreign language? I dun slang... I dun have bad pronouciation... BITCH!!!!! ArGH!!! If she had made me repeat my Credit card number one more time earlier on I would have given it to her over the phone and demanded to speak to the supervisor on duty. God bless her if she was the supervisor!

Anyway... this was the 1st incident that got my blood boiling. Shortly after this, Garry asked me to follow him down for a walk with Toby so I did. Not before I contemplated whether or not to bring Tamy but I decided otherwise. Thank God I decided not to bring her. God reali does work his wonders in a mysterious way and you will never know when miracles happen.

We were walkin our usual path and I was going on and on at how pissed I was... when we were reachin the bend near the traffic junction, Toby pee-ed at his favourite spot. Soon after he hoped over a short bush and I presumed that he was chasing after a cat, so I quickly pulled him back. Within a spilt second of that, this big black aggressive dog suddenly jumped out of no where right in front of us where Toby was last standing. Wahlau eh!!!! All the growling and sudden appearence from that black dog gave me a shock man...

Garry was 3 steps ahead of me and I quicky jerked n lugged Toby up with all my strength and caught him in my arms n walked superly fast to catch up with Garry. I quickly stood behind Garry and told him that the black dog was behind us. He turned and tt dog suddenly jumped out from the corner again... it looked at us and started growling n showing his fangs to us. I managed to catch a few seconds glimpse of the dog since it was within less than 2 metres away frm us. I cant be sure but I tink it was either a Rottweiler or a Dobermann. I tink it was more of a Rottie cos of its built and colouring.

But it was reali aggressive and went round the area as if it was scouting for a prey... now u guys know why I Thank God that something made me decide not to bring Tamy along... Imagine... To tt dog, Tamy might be a running chicken... his feast... if he could already pop out of the bush and jump for Toby, what would he have done if Tamy was there.... My baby girl would have gotten a shock of her life!!! *siGh*

Aiyo.... we quicky walked home with Toby in my arms... I walked a good distant away before I felt it was safe enaf to let Tobt down n walk on his own... Thank God that this silly boy didnt try to bark or growl or attack tat big dog like wat he usually does when he sees other dogs around while on his walk *pHew* I cant imagine wat it would be like tryin to defend ourselves from that aggressive dog and at the same time keepin Toby quiet. *pEngz*


Anyway, I came home and looked for the exact location of where we were earlier on and called CCK NPP to report on this aggressive dog. I hope they manage to catch it soon... before any mishap happens to anyone or anyone's dog. What a way to end a Friday man.... I hope the weekend would be better... At least tmw, we'd be meeting up with the family for dinner to celebrate Grandpa's birthday :) And on Sunday, we would be going for the 7th month dinner with my in-laws.... den it would be the start of a brand new work week... only 4 days for me since I would be on leave on Friday.... YiKes~ My Darling boy would go under the knife den.... =

0 comments: